Did you know, God can only give you what you are capable of receiving.
Why? Think of your believing as a wagon, and what you believe you will receive when it comes to God. If fear is shrinking your wagon of believing then what? Fear, in the case of that believer, binds the omnipotence of God.
Wait a minute Terri! God is all-powerful, he can do anything he wants to do! Yes, but he is love, and mercy, and justice as well. He gave you freewill. Your freewill is a gift, He would never override, overpower, or enslave you with it. That’s called possession and that’s the Devil’s territory.
So…wait another minute!
How can God bless us, teach us and show his love to us?
It’s a huge job of looking for those hungry opportunities in your life and feeding you right when you are hungry to learn.
I spoke to a friend last night, whose husband is about to lose his livelihood. They will need to find something else for him to do for work. I heard her say she knew God was going to help her, which I agreed with. After a few minutes of listening to her predictions about how much worse life was about to get, I began to doubt she really believed God. In ten minutes, I was more convinced of her fear than her faith.
I realize that tons of people go through this shift in their life, due to medical, or interest changes. It is very common. How likely is it that God is going to help her and others in the same predicament? God, we know, will help out; even taxi some job right to their door if need be. But how capable is she to receive something into her mind when her mind is overloaded with fear? Fear has a way of taking over your thoughts, so does faith. But they don’t like to attend the same party. You might as well kick fear out and have a real party with faith.
Here are 5 tips to help us walk by faith and not by sight.
- When talking about a situation, speak positive faith-filled words. When someone asks “Oh how are you doing?” Tell them my God shall (absolutely) supply all my need according to his riches in glory. (Phil. 4:19) Or say these verses then find the dozens more related to this topic. Ephesians 3:20, Malachi 3:10, Jeremiah 32:17, Isaiah 26:3. If you believe the promises of God then you must believe they are a contract. It’s just good business to talk about the contract.
- When tempted to entertain doubts in your conversation or mind, say STOP! They are gateway words to fear and highly unprofitable. Do not even utter them. Only speak what you are believing for.
- Do not be a miserable comforter nor convene with other miserable comforters. This will derail and slow down the blessing train. NO excuses! Just avoid them.
- Believing is an action word. This means you take action in the direction of your goal and pray to God for direction on what to do next. This is the most thrilling part because before long you build confidence. It seems no matter how long God has been in our lives blessing us, we never are smarter than him. He just knows stuff. Quit assuming, just do.
- Do your best for God! These are opportunities to really see God’s omnipotence in your life. Embrace it! It is a choice and a lifestyle just as complaining and being fearful is a lifestyle. Shine big for God today!
1 Thessalonians 3:11-12; Now God Himself and our Father and our Lord Jesus Christ, direct our way unto you and the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another and toward all men, even as we do toward you.
God bless you today!
- 3 characteristics of a Committed Leader (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- How Can a Rotten Monday Change the World? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- 3 Tips on Quenching Fiery Darts (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- Is Your Work in Vain? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
Keeping the Hope alive in you life and walk is a blessing! Read up on the series about our hope here.