Here are 33 Ways to celebrate Joy
- Laugh a lot.
- Bring candy to work.
- Expand your interests.
- Complete what you start.
- Do random acts of kindness.
- Read the Bible everyday.
- Play Hide-n-Seek with a child.
- Point out the positive.
- Tell a friend or loved one you love them.
- Overlook pettiness and jealousy.
- Say thank you to your Mom or the one who raised you.
- Give your Life to God.
- Search for a new perspective on an old understanding.
- Go on a treasure hunt with God.
- Allow yourself moments of silliness.
- Be quick to praise hard work.
- Be slow to criticize.
- Sing as loudly as you can, when you’re alone.
- When offered a chance to dance, dance.
- Surprise someone with a compliment.
- Smile, you’ll have them all wondering what your up to.
- Give credit where credit is due.
- Spoil yourself once in a while.
- Invest in happy feet. (good shoes)
- Invest in deep sleep. (a great bed)
- Invest in rest for your soul. (Speak in Tongues much)
- Thank your spouse. You were a million to one chance.
- Thank God, he knew you before the foundation of the world.
- Be kind to nature. It’s just better for everyone.
- Take a chance on your dreams.
- Never let fear talk you out of your faith.
- Think about what your thinking about.
What are some you ways you celebrate joy?
Photo taken by Bill Porta
First, lets admit that relationships need SPICE!
Here are two spices to help improve your love life. These are common everyday things, that are regularly taken for granted. Song of Solomon 2:16 My beloved is mine and I am his…
- Oxytocyn-is a hormone. Hormones have a Godly design in our biology. Oxytocin’s nickname is the “Love Potion”. It has been proven to increase the bonds of trust, love and intimacy in relationships. “How do I get this hormone going?” you ask. Physical touch. Some of you are cringing right now. Consider how easy God made it for you to feel, trust, love and intimacy with your man. When you use your muscles, more than usual, you’re body builds them up according to that usage. You’re hormones work the same way. For example: a new mother is bonded to her child with this powerful hormone. They are in physical contact all the time. (Even adopted children can bond, due to Oxytocin) Is there anything more beautiful to see, than one of two kinds of woman, a new mother, or a woman in love? She glows! And that’s because oxytocin is one of the hormones being secreted into her brain. Okay, now its time to try it! Just remember, the more often you hug on your man, the more you’re going to want to hug on your man. Then watch out! Song of Solomon 1:2 Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine.
- Now we’ve come to a little known aphrodisiac called, thankfulness. Though its not a chemical, it is powerful. Thankfulness is oil in the machine of life. The number one reason condemnation wiggles into relationships, is from lack of thankfulness. When you use thankfulness, you boost your man’s natural need for feeling useful to the world, and especially to you. 1st Thessalonians 5:18 In every thing give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. I find that as soon as I step out of condemnation and into thankfulness, my heart becomes joyful. Proverbs 17:22 A merry heart does good like a medicine: but a broken spirit dries the bones. Suddenly you have two people whose chemistry is bubbling, and their hearts are merry towards each other. Wow! If this doesn’t fry your pancake I don’t know what will!
(One small piece of advice; if you are wondering what to be thankful for in your relationship, ask God. The creator of the universe has specific insight on the subject. So ask God what you should be thankful for. The revelation may surprise you. Proverbs 3:5-6 for reference)
In conclusion; it is God’s will and PLAN for us to have spice in our love life. He built hormones into us that increase trust, love, and bonding. And thankfulness to keep the ball rolling. Intimacy is something He designed.
What will you do with all the new spice in your love life?