Sometimes we all need a reminder. We need to remember that God is good, that He loves us and that no matter how bad things look, that our spiritual reality is still very real. The fact is, we are a member of God’s family when we believe Romans 10:9-10. The fact that we are God’s child cannot be changed by the devil, or us or even God Himself, because even God will not go back on His own salvation gift and take it away. We are His. We have eternal membership to a greater association, club, clan, alliance, cohort, brotherhood, fellowship and family. We can’t wish our way out of it. We are part of a much bigger cosmic picture. Whether we believe it or not, there we all are. Now what? What do we do with all this eternal DNA?
Well, some ignore it. Some deny it. Others embrace it. This blog, my mission and the reason I started doing this in the first place is to embrace this family and show others how to as well. My point was, in the beginning, to show you that we don’t have to go it alone. There are others out there just like you. We are all wondering what being apart of God’s family means to us. What does He/God expect? When do we start seeing the benefits and how do we get access to the goodies.
First things first; God has a great big heart! He isn’t just a mechanical minded ATM giving out answers to prayers if we punch in the right code. He has a heart. He loves you like no one you’ve ever been loved by. He’s a Father. I’m sorry if you haven’t had a great example for an earthly father, but He’s a real Father. He cares whether you are in pain, hurting, rebelling or feeling empty. He loves you anyway. God is truly there for you when no one else can be. God is good always. That means He doesn’t play games, have agendas, or manipulate you to get what He wants, despite all the propaganda you may have learned. How do I know this? Because He tells us through His Word.
“Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God:” John 3:1a
“Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.” Luke 12:32
“The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” John 10:10
“According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,” Ephesians 1:4-5
God called us, chose us and comforts us because He wants to. It is His choice to do so and He does it because He loves us. Now back to the 10 things, these are realities. We only need to believe them.
So here there are:
- God believes you are blessed with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places. “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:” Ephesians 1:3
- God believes that we have been choosen for a purpose and we have received an inheritance all because He wanted to do it. “In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:” Ephesians 1:14
- He Believes that you are sealed with an eternal promise and seal. “In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise.” vs. 13
- God believes You can receive more understanding about Him. “That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: 18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,” vs. 17
- God Believes that if you believe too, you can have access to His exceeding great power. “And what [is] the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, 20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set [him] at his own right hand in the heavenly [places], 21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: 22 And hath put all [things] under his feet, and gave him [to be] the head over all [things] to the church, 23 Which is his body, the fullness of him that filleth all in all.” Eph. 1:19-2.
- God believes HE made you alive when you were dead with that same great power. ” And you [hath he quickened], who were dead in trespasses and sins;” Eph. 2:1
- Our Merciful God loved us so much, that he woke us from the dead. Yep. Dead. HE believes that we are ALIVE now. “But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us (made us alive) together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 6 And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus:” Eph. 2:5-6
- He believes that He will show us the riches of His grace throughout our lives. “That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in [his] kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.” vs. 7
- God believes that He created His Masterpiece in US! “For we are his workmanship (masterpiece), created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.”vs. 10
- God believes that He gave you FULL ACCESS to Him whenever you need it just talk to Him. “For through him (Jesus Christ) we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.” Vs. 18.
If God, the maker of the Universe and Father of Jesus Christ believes all that, what is stopping you from believing? Your Heavenly Father loves you and He has Equipped you for a real reason. What is the reason? Fellowship with Him. He wanted a family, He wanted to talk you, His masterpiece.
All I’ve read here was one and a half chapters of Ephesians. Imagine what you can learn if you kept going? What else does God think, believe and feel in His heart about you? All this should tell you is that God loves you like crazy. Just keep going back to Him. He’ll just keep on telling you how special and amazing you are.
God bless you today!