Daily life calls for extra tough resilience, gritty determination, and teeth-grinding perseverance, for many that’s before they get out of bed. Do you feel like a Raggedy Anne doll tied to the front grille of a trash truck and all you can do is hold and keep your mouth shut. It’s times like these when everything in the world says “You can’t go on, don’t even try!”
Here is some encouragement to keep in mind.
- Hang in There! 2 Corinthians 12:9a; And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.
- God is Good Always. It takes a maturity in your walk to really get this one, but once you do it will blow your mind. Romans 2:4; Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance.
- Control your mind and think the Word. Romans 12:2; And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
- Action Cures Fear, Non Action Strengthens Fear. Mark 16:7; And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues. John 20:10; Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. Fear kept the apostles behind closed doors. 1 John 4:18; There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
- We have power over the devil, don’t let him persuade you otherwise. 2 Timothy 2:26; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.
- Jesus spoke to the tree. When the fig tree didn’t produce fruit he spoke to it. The problems you have need to be dealt with. Avoidance creates animosity. 1 Peter 5:8; Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour. 1 John 4:4; Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
- Be brave. Joshua 1:9; Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God [is] with thee whithersoever thou goest.