The Word of God is loaded with Promises! And I understand there are over 900 written to believers. A promise is like a procedure, you do A God does B. Here are some for the Gals!
1. As a Mother- This is my favorite one: Psalms 113:9; He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the LORD! This is one I claimed years ago after I’d given up completely on having children. Now I’m blessed with a toddler and planning for more. Notice the element of “Joy” in the verse. Our attitude makes all the difference.
2. As we Age- Of course we couldn’t forget: Proverbs 31:30; Favor is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised. Fear here is the word for reverence or respect. Keep the right perspective and priorities in life and you will be praised. Notice it doesn’t say you shouldn’t be pretty or favorable, but keep your head on God’s Word this will help with the balance.
3. Single or Married- 1 Corinthians 7:34b; The unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband. When you’re single focus on your spiritual growth because there is never a better time than now to get quiet and be with God. Married ladies…you’re plate is just a little more full. 🙂
4. As a Christian- Acts 17:11-12; These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few. They searched it out for themselves and then by doing so attracted honourable women and men. Let your light shine with your daily routine.
5. As a Wife- Proverbs 18:22 Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD. Imagine being the treasure that your husband has sought for years. Or your potential spouse has pursued for years. The more of a treasure you are the more of a “good” thing you become to him. Favor from the Lord? Doesn’t that benefit the whole family? I’m a very blessed woman for my choice in a husband. He treats me as though he truly did find a treasure. I heard once from a wise man, who was advising his single student on how to obtain a wonderful wife. He said, “Just focus on becoming the best man you can be and she will come.” We as women have that responsibilty too, and it continues long after we marry. Be the treasure, and earn the favor.
6. Managing Money. Proverbs 19:14; House and riches are the inheritance of fathers: and a prudent wife is from the LORD. Prudent here is wise or insightful. With all those riches and inheritance isn’t it nice to know the money won’t trip you up. Keep going to God to get deliverance in that area, if it does, because you’re prudence in money matters, is needed. Managing money isn’t just for the men or for the women. Both need to be prudent.
Have a wonderful day and know that God loves you just the way you are!