Ephesians 1:22; And hath put all things under his feet and gave him to be the head over all things to the church.
Why do some people succeed although the odds are stacked against them?
The power and authority as a Christian stems from the power in this verse and this chapter. God put Jesus Christ in charge of the church. As our brother and a powerful advocate for our lives we can walk righteous and holy to God’s inner chamber. This world is not our home. It is not the end of the line for us. But while we’re here we can succeed! Here are a few similarities I’ve noticed about people who succeed.
- They remain a student. The humble man gets the revelation from God, not the prideful one. When you are humble you put yourself in a position to learn. You realize, God is not done with you yet.
- They follow directions: These are the people willing to follow God’s directions. They slip by the jagged rocks untouched and unharmed.
- They prioritize failure: Failures are part of success. When it does happen, they put it in their “Road to Success” file and move on.
- They prioritize relationships: Relationships can help, hurt, or do nothing at all. Successful people go to God with their relationships and weed out the bad while adding the good where ever he directs.
- They remember their place: The devil is always trying to pigeon-hole the believer and make him look a certain way. Our place is seated in the heavens, not here stuck in some hole. By walking tight with God it’s impossible be pigeon-holed by the adversary.
- They make sure they are always edifying: If something isn’t building you up, then you are in the wrong place. The world loves to condemn and criticize. People have succeeded in this world by doing so. We are not of this world, and I wasn’t just talking about worldly success.
With God we succeed all the way around!