Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now works in the children of disobedience.
“Honey, why do you cut both ends off the ham before you cook it?” the young husband asked his wife.
She smiled and shrugged, “Because, that’s how my mom does it.”
“Mom, why do you cut both ends of the ham off before you cooks it?” he asked his mother-in-law.
She smiled and patted his cheek, “Because that’s my mom does it.”
“Grandma, why do you cut both ends off the ham before you cook it?” he asked the family matriarch.
She smiled and shrugged, “My pan is too small.”
Why do you do things a certain way? Sometimes it’s from…
The Systematizing of Error
Does anyone remember when it was bad to eat eggs? How about women when your doctor told you when you were pregnant, “You were eating for two.” The phrase “course of this world” in verse 2 of Ephesians, should be translated according to usage, “the systematizing of error”. The Devil is a master at producing and cultivating error. He can’t come right out and defy the truth or no one would believe it. But he can over-time change the way people think about things. I see this with adultery on new sitcoms. Isn’t it so much easier to stomach these days? Because everyone is doing it. It is error and it leads to destruction.
1 John 4:6; We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth,(holy spirit) and the spirit of error.
I challenge you to face the error that is systematized into your daily life. Prove it by the standard of the Word, and see what happens. 🙂 Have fun and remember, 95% of the problem is realizing there is a problem. The other 5% is easy.