Ephesians 2:3; Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lust of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. 4. But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us. 5. Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;
Let’s look at these 3 verses in the literal translation, according to usage.
Ephesians 2:3; Among the adversary’s children, we all were conditioned and behaved according to the passionate lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the strong desire of our flesh and of our mind; and we were children destined for wrath altogether, as the rest.
4; But, God being rich in mercies because of his great love with which He loved us.
5; When we were dead in sins, God made us alive together with Christ (by His grace God saved, redeemed us)
This verse reminds me of the post I did sometime ago called “The Valley“. We were blind to where we lived but also blind to where we were headed. He gave us the opportunity to have a much bigger life.
Look towards the future with hope in your heart and a song in your step! Prosper unhindered by the shackles of bondage and pain. Today is a new day! You’re future is brighter than ever before!
Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light.
- 20 of Your Super Hero Qualities (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- How do you like the Intro to Ephesians? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Christ Rocks! (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- Why Do You Do It That Way? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- I Didn’t Deserve it… (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- What is Your Inheritance? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- Have You Ever Really Wanted Something? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- Who Decides? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)