Ephesians 2:14; For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition [between us].
The “middle wall of partition” here is referring to, “the veil” covering the doorway to the inner sanctuary. Old Testament believers went through an arduous process of sanctification before they could enter God’s presence without blemish. This is inner room is where He “set up shop”, so to speak. The people of that time didn’t have access to God except through that process. The room could only be entered by a purified priest. The veil separated them from God, by way of hanging in the doorway or covering the ark.
Leviticus 21:23a; Only he shall not go in unto the veil, (behind the partition) nor come nigh unto the altar, because he hath a blemish; that he profane not my sanctuaries.
When Jesus died on the cross this event also happened.
Matthew 27:51; And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent.
But Why? What was the big deal? We went over that in Ephesians 1:4b, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love.
When we kneel before God’s throne room for forgiveness we don’t have all those laws and procedures anymore. Jesus Christ is the veil and he covered it so we can approach it justified. He fulfilled all the law and was sanctified for all of us. (Not an easy task)
Hebrews 10:20; By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his (Jesus Christ) flesh.
Victory is only a thought away. The battlefield is raging between our ear lobes. Our minds are now the biggest defeat or win. That being the case, where do you think the devil will strike?
Be on guard my friends!
Control your thoughts, because they are your inner sanctuary.
- Jesus Christ Rocks! (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- What is “the Mystery”? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- How to Live BIG on God’s Promise (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- 20 of Your Super Hero Qualities (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- Who Decides? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- What Kind is That? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- Is The Bible Contradicting Itself? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- Where Did We Come From? Where Are We Going? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)