Ephesians 4:12; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ.
Is maturity overrated? We hear stories about little kids doing things too mature for their age. Or adults doing things too young for their age. In the world its overrated. With God it’s misunderstood because it has nothing to do with your age.
What is maturity to God?
Maturity, as sited in the New Websters Dictionary, is; completing of a process, to fully develop, perfected. The “perfecting” above is the Greek word katartismos it means; complete furnishing, equipping. The root Greek word also adds; to mend what is broken, to that definition. This has nothing to do with physical age. A good friend of mine said,
“There’s no such thing as Junior Holy Spirit”.
(Keep in mind that we are working in the second concept of the three in Ephesians. Sit, Walk, Stand. We’re in how a believer should walk.)
Here is an expanded literal transliteration according to usage.
Ephesians 4:12; For the perfecting of the saints, with a view to the official perfect mending spiritually of all ruptures among the saints, with the understanding that the saints will work better in service to the building up of the Body of the Church of which Christ is the head.
What causes spiritual ruptures?
Fear. The believer’s fear binds the omnipotence of God by their own free will. When a leader helps kick out fear the “cause” of the spiritual rupture is removed. Folks, if you are a leader or just want to mature in your walk with God, kick FEAR out of your life. Become a fear detective and conquer it with the Word. Trust me there is plenty in the Bible to help you overcome it.
1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect (mature) love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
Action cures fear as we’ve all heard. So get out there and don’t let anything talk you out of the Word!
- Leaders, 2 Kinds Which One Are You?
- Can You Know Your Calling From God? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- How Does it Add Up? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- A Leadership Key Everyone Should Know (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- How To Walk…Spiritually (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- How to Have a Strong Inner Man (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- What Do You Need to Get? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- What Are You Anticipating? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- What Was Jesus Doing? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- How do You Get, Undeniable Leadership? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- What is Leadership? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- What Do You Believe? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)