Ephesians 4:13; Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Maturity is a big deal to God. And that’s why we’re covering it in two verses. Yesterday’s verse and today’s.
What is maturity to God?
This verse defines it again with 4 criteria. 1) Unity of the faith, 2) Knowledge of the Son of God, 3) A Perfect Man, 4) The Measure of the Stature of the fulness of Christ.
When these four things happen we’ll be mature, independently or as a group. This verse could be a 450 page dissertation all by itself. But I’m going to summarize the general points and boil it down.
- Walk together in their believing.
- Understand what God gave them.
- Mature in Christ.
- Practice what they learned.
Phew….did I get that okay? (Maybe I’ll write that dissertation later) The next step is to teach others what you learned.
You being a strong, capable, valuable member of God’s household is the goal. Maturity.
What can a mature believer do?
KICK SPIRITUAL BAAH-TOOTY!
(Yes… baah-tooty is a word. Yes, I just made it up. Doesn’t it fit perfectly?)
Are you starting to see the precision and beauty of Ephesians? For a great post on the concepts behind the general flow of Ephesians click here.
You, as a spiritual believer are a 100 foot oak among the baby pines. You stand, unshakable against the fear motivation and tactics of the Devil. You question everything you hear out there and measure it against the truth of the Word. You are a power house for God. (For a great post on strengthening your inner man with might..click here.) You are a sign post for unbelievers and young believers alike. Nothing shakes you!
Before I began this journey I sat hunched over and miserable chained to an emotional wheel chair. Now, I STAND TALL, I WALK in the greatness of God’s Word, and you can too. You are precious and loved. There is always something wonderful in your life, when you put the Word of God on in your mind, and act accordingly. Join me today. Learn one new verse. Now stand on it.
Joshua 1:9; Have not I commanded thee?
Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed:
for the LORD thy God [is] with thee whithersoever thou goest.
- What Was Jesus Doing? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- Can You Know Your Calling From God? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- Did You Know, God Loves Baking? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- How Does it Add Up? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- What Do You Believe? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- What Do You Need to Get? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- A Leadership Key Everyone Should Know (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)