Ephesians 4:14; That we [henceforth] be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, [and] cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive.
These were the steps of maturity we learned in the last verse. We as believers will come to:
- The Unity of the faith,
- The Knowledge of the Son of God,
- A Perfect Man,
- The Measure of the Stature of the fulness of Christ.
A mature Christian is an unmovable opponent for the adversary. This is God’s goal. These 4 points are what spiritual maturity IS. God always teaches us what something IS and what it IS NOT. Now we’re on what spiritual maturity IS NOT.
- Children tossed to and fro.
- Carried about with every wind of doctrine.
- By the sleight of men and cunning craftiness.
- Whereby they lie in wait to deceive. (Trapped in error)
Adult killer whales are wise to the ways of adolescent seals. Adolescent seals are not yet wise to the ways of killer whales. The killer whales wait right at the edge of the breaking waves and as the young seals get tossed around in them, they pounce. A young seal guided by an adult seal will survive. Alone…
The devil is very wise to the ways of immature Christians. My question is this…are we as mature believers teaching and training to empower maturity in young believers or dependence?
Matthew 10:16; Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
Ideas, doctrine, move men not guns. How can we tell something is dangerous doctrine. (Doctrine being, the way to believe, we want the right way to believe, not the wrong way.)
Romans 16:17; Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. (Contrary is the Grk. wd. Para- we get our English word parallel from this word)
Wrong doctrine causes problems. The definition insert there on Para is amazing. The devil knows if he approached Christians with a bald face lie, no one would believe it. So instead, he puts in error a little off of the truth. Watch for these kinds of discrepancies. Over time the systematizing of error has us believing some pretty wild things, but it was only one step at a time.
Galatians 6:7-9; Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
2 Timothy 2:15; Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
Ephesians 6:10; Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
- Is Maturity Overrated? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- Gaining Emotional Healing (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- Is Maturity Overrated? Part 2 (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- The Jenga Game of Life (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- A Leadership Key Everyone Should Know (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- What is Leadership? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- What Was Jesus Doing? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- How do You Get, Undeniable Leadership? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- What Do You Believe? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)