Ephesians 4:16; From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
Ephesians 4:16, describes the growth of the Church of God. God united us in love, through Christ (the anointing of the his spirit) and then asks each one of us to grow to our fullest potential. As we are growing in his Love and Wisdom and Power we cannot help but touch other people’s lives. That is why we are a family. Once we start touching other people’s lives they start growing up and maturing and they begin touching other people’s lives. As a group we grow up and then out. We mature individually then reach others. Auxono, is that growth without compulsion from the inside out based on love. A natural progression of unity is bonding or the knitting of hearts. What is the greatest purpose? Love. What is the greatest motivator? Love. When a believer walks out on the love he feels inside and decides to obey God, the next natural progression is to touch another heart.
1 Corinthians 13:1; Charity suffereth long (patient), [and] is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
This is a list of 15 characteristics of Agape, or the love of God.
There are 8 things love is not. There are 7 things that it is. Can you name each one? The 8 “Do Nots” divide people. The 7 “Do’s” unite them.
Which ones should you focus on?
These characteristics are great check points in our own walks. Ask yourself: Am I drawing evil conclusions? Am I rejoicing in the truth? and so on. There is a wonderful teaching on this topic, by Dr. Michael Gudorf. It is one of many great talks I highly recommend to any level of Bible Student. I urge you to invest in these seminars and learn the depth of God’s Love.
Is anyone doing the challenge with me from yesterday? This challenge will help practice the believer in his personal walk.
It only makes sense that if this is all built on love, that we should learn what love is and how to operate it. We learn best by doing. Have fun today doing the challenge. Check back in the comments each day as we progress towards Christmas. I already posted one in yesterday’s comments.
God Bless and I look forward to hearing from you!
- Are You as Wise as… (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- How Does it Add Up? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- How To Walk…Spiritually (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- What About Love (verticalviewer.wordpress.com)
- Can You Know Your Calling From God? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- What Kind is That? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- The Effective vs. the Effectual Christian (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- Did You Know, God Loves Baking? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- Is Maturity Overrated? Part 2 (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- 3 Concepts You Should Know About Ephesians (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- Is Maturity Overrated? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- A Leadership Key Everyone Should Know (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)