Ephesians 5:5; For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
Okay– wow. I’m learning right along with you. The expanded literal translation of this verse is critical to see the seriousness behind it. But I warn you it’s not popular. This kind of talk isn’t going to get me a speaking slot at the biggest entertainment complexes–er I mean– churches in the country. Keep in mind that Paul is an apostle. Ephesians is the greatest revelation given to the church and we are in the chapters about how a believer should walk. God did not tiptoe around the daisies and remain politically correct for the sake of not hurting someone’s feelings. Truth is truth. We should cling to it and make it our life. Let it free us and use it as our standard. God laid down the way a believer is to conduct themselves and what the consequences are when these things are ignored. God did this for our blessing and protection. Just because we live in a world today far more excepting of the lies and destruction doesn’t mean they are right. On that note here is the expanded literal translation.
Ephesians 5:5; For you know from experiencing the Word that every one who worships idols is impure, likewise with all homosexuals and prostitutes; they are all idolaters; the have no rewards in God’s kingdom.
That’s some tough language in the Greek, the word for whoremonger is translated from the word pornos. It is defined as a man who; prostitutes his body to another’s lust for hire (no matter the gender).
Romans 1:26-27; For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.
Idol-worship is when men or women put any other thing, or god before the one true God. People worship all kinds of things. Money, power, other men, ideas, the earth, the sun, the moon, and even sex. In Moses’ day the Israelites forced Aaron to build a golden cafe for them to worship. What is that expanded translation saying? These idol worshippers are not earning rewards in God’s kingdom by acting against him.
Okay I’m going to divulge a huge secret:
The secret to the Devil’s success is the secrecy of his moves.
If he can get you apathetic and callous to a certain idea then he can continue to propagate it without any resistance. The Devil is the god of this world he wants your worship. If he can’t have that then his goal is for you not to worship the one true God. The next step is getting you to worship anything else but the one true God.
1 Corinthians 4:4; In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
Isaiah 14:12-14; How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! [how] art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
- How To: Trouble Shoot Your Walk with God (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- What Do You Believe? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Christ Rocks! (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- RUTH: On Returning to Romance (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- Leaders; Here is Your Fighting Chance (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- What is “the Mystery”? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- Does the Temple of God have a Zip Code? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- Is Maturity Overrated? Part 2 (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- Understand: The 6 Steps to Division in Relationships (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- What Do You Need to Get? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- What Have You Learned? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- What Love? In One Little Verse. (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- Can You Know Your Calling From God? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- How Does it Add Up? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- For Christ’s Sake… (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)