Ephesians 6:12; For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places].
Many have read this verse, and others like it, and developed fear in their lives. I’d like for you to see the freedom in it. Here is the literal translation.
Ephesians 6:12; because your wrestling contest is not with a view toward fighting flesh on blood, but with a view to being distinctly independent of all principalities, including the exercised authority of sultans who rule and exert their worldly powers by devil spirits in every place under the heavens.
Sin caused the devil to make war in heaven because he sinned from the beginning. That is why Jesus Christ did what he did.
1 John 1:8; He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
Jesus destroyed the “works of the devil” or business of the devil, the employment he employs to trip up God’s kids. How? And how can we overcome such a foe? He’s been around a long time and I haven’t. He’s crafty and wise to the ways of a human. How can I possible wrestle in this battle? Here are a few tips.
- Get big and strong spiritually by building your inner man first. Click here to find out how.
- Realize the Devil is a crazy kamikaze pilot and Jesus Christ already decided his fate by redeeming mankind.
- Mature in your walk. If you are not at that place yet, get around someone who is mature. I recommend Dr. Michael Gudorf. Click here to learn more about his ministry. Also read back through the archives here. This blog is the result of years of hard-won mental stamina and growth.
- Learn the “5 Basic’s of Growth, The High Octane Christian Series.” This is a book I am working towards publishing this year. If you would like to become part of the beta test group and help with designing the cover, email me here or reply in the comments. This book is already being used in our Supporting Godly Women meetings. It goes over, in detail, how to mature with 5 simple daily habits.
5. Don’t give up. The devil only has 2 battle tactics. Pleasure and pressure. He will try to push you off your stand on the Word with pressure or he will try to lure you away with pleasure. That’s it. That’s all he’s got. God has so much more for you so don’t give up!
Romans 8:35-40; Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? [shall] tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Ephesians 3:20; Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us.
God bless you today in every way!
- 10 Tips to a Better Marriage (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- Burden of Proof: Do You Have Enough? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- What’s the Trick to an Amazing “Right Now” (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- Does Ephesians Say – Who Does the Laundry? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- Is a Drunk Christian a Blessed One? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- Have you been on Our Journey through Ephesians? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- What Was Jesus Doing? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)