I am in the sunshine…finally!
What I mean is, here in Montana the sun is finally up now when I’m writing. The birds sound glorious and full of energy. The trees and bushes tempt the weather as their buds reach for air and pop out. I love this season!
Did you know there are seasons with God? I believe God has a specific curriculum for each of His children’s lives. If the love of God is as 1 John says “obeying His commands”, then it’s smart to get on board the schedule of schooling with God. We are so eager as we sign up for new classes out in the world. What about with God? David was a called out child from his early years, Joseph, Paul went a little sideways but God always knew he’d come back around. Even pastor’s and leaders today are being groomed by God for important jobs. Men and women alike, Holy Spirit is not a gender or age. We all choose how big we’d like to walk with Him. As we operate this wonderful gift there are rewards here and up in heaven.
We are now in the amazing chapter 5 of 1 Thessalonians, here is verse 1 & 2.
But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
This verse follows on the heels of the Hope in chapter 4. It probably shouldn’t have been put in a new chapter, but it is. If you recall part :006 of that series, I told you there is no way of knowing when Jesus Christ comes back. Read the literal translation here:
1 Thess. 5:1. Now regarding dates and times, (in the context of Christ’s return) brothers, there is no need for you to be written to (because only God knows), 2. You know perfectly well that the Day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night. (sneak up on us without warning)
This is cause for celebration!
All we need to do is live the best day for God that we can! If Jesus comes back, then he comes back, and God bless! All we need to do is look for new opportunities to renew our walk daily.
Here are 3 Tips on How:
- Start the day with; “Good Morning God!” Instead of, “Good-god its morning.” Have a morning routine where you ask God what you can do to bless Him everyday.
- God may have some instructions on a new training in each day. Yesterday may have been wax on. Today is wax off but let Him decide.
- Be flexible. Sometimes your instructions from God change as situations or things change around you. Go back for further information and don’t be surprised if He adjusts the direction you’re heading. Only He knows when you finished a season, so don’t assume anything. If you learned what you needed in one day then be glad! It may have taken others a lifetime to learn it.
God Bless You Today!
Here is some curriculum I’ve seen dished out:
- Start a daily routine with God for an hour each morning.
- Learn the 5 Basics for Growth and practice each one until it’s a habit in your daily life.
- Learn each of the 15 Characteristics of the Love of God and practice them for a week until you understand them fully.
- Learn each of the 9 manifestations of the Holy Spirit. (This can take years as you grow through each one.)
- Read through the 7 church epistles.
- Take a verse a day through each one and really dissect them.
- Listen to the seminars by Mike Gudorf and learn the concepts behind them.