Do you have a dream? How can you follow it? Does God care about your dreams? Dreams; the important goals we can’t stop thinking about, hound us when we try to give them up, give us a reason to keep moving forward, and launch us potentially into greatness. But does God agree with how important they are? Absolutely! Dream chasing tips litter God’s Word. Here are 10 of them that will launch you forward into following your dreams.
- Edify Each Others Dreams: “Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things where with one may edify another.” Romans 14:19
- Share Your Dreams with God: “Arise, cry out in the night: in the beginning of the watches pour out thine heart like water before the face of the Lord:” Lamentations 2:19a
- Delight: “Delight thyself also in the LORD; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.” Psalms 37:4
- Avoid Dream Stealers: “Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.” Romans 15:17
- Forget Failed Attempts: “Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but [this] one thing [I do], forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” Phil. 3:13-14
- Renew Your Dreams Daily: “For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward [man] is renewed day by day.” 2 Corinthians 4:16
- Think about Your Dreams: “For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” Matthew 6:21
- Be Faithful, Don’t Give up On Them: “A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent.” Proverbs 28:20
- Renew Your Strength: “But they that wait (serve, like a waiter serves) upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31
- Ask God How, Before You Begin: “In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.” Proverbs 3:6
Our goals and dreams motivate us into changing. Changing is a natural course of life and a powerful tool when you are drifting. If you are drifting and don’t know where to go, ask God what He thinks is a great next dream for you. It will surprise and delight you when you hear it. Don’t be afraid to ask. He wants the best for you in your life. He knows your responsibilities, time constraints and duties to family etc. Dreams are the sticky stuff that glue all that together anyways. He knows your glue. So just ask. What could be better than asking someone who knows you better than you know yourself?
God bless you today!