What is the walk of power? If yesterday we learned the key to power is the renewed mind. What is the walk of power? How can a Christian really live the power Jesus Christ promised would come down after he ascended?
As long as you live the battlefield will be your mind. Think of your mind as a messy junk drawer. Everything that hits your mind, hits it. You can’t tell your fingers not to feel a hot plate. You can’t tell you’re eyes don’t see a gruesome crime scene. If your eyes are open, they see it and that picture rattles around in your mind. These senses cannot be renewed. They can be controlled, however, regarding what information stays in the brain and what gets discarded. In that way your mind can be put under subjection to the Word of God. As the Word of God feeds into the mind, it slowly digests it. As the Christ within fellowships with it meditates on that ascertained information and assimilates it. Our five senses, the mind, reason they are servants of the real man/woman, the true man, which is spirit. The gift of Holy Spirit is our eternal life.
“And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” Romans 12:2
Renewing is the present continuous tense of the verb. This means the action is a constant daily continual task. If I memorize a verse of the Bible, and have that in my mind for when or wherever I needed to, is that renewing the mind? If that verse hasn’t sunk down past the junk drawer of my mind and into my heart, then I’d say no. I could use that verse out of context or to get what I want out of people. My motives could be bad. Many people know far more scriptures than I do. Yet they are mouthing it. There is a great difference between mouthing the Word and having it in the heart. Sincerity is no sign of the truth. Just because someone quotes scripture to me doesn’t mean I take them at face value (five senses value). I go back to the Word and make sure it’s genuine and not the counterfeit. That’s why God asked us to be workman of the Word, so we can study to show ourselves approved unto God.
Who is greater than the counterfeit?
“Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.” 1 John 4:4
How can we know we’ve got this renewed mind?
The mind cannot be simply renewed by studying God’s Word, the Bible. You have to live it. That’s the way the mind gets renewed. How can you live it. Put the Word in mind and act accordingly. Just don’t budge on the Word. Get the Word in you mind first, then walk on it. That’s the walk of power. That’s taking your authority to the streets. That’s the transformation or in the Greek metamorphoō. It’s a metamorphosis because we now have a new perspective and act far different in the undertow of the worlds ideology. We stand against the current with something far more powerful. We stand using the Faith of God. As I’ve told many a Christian, we stick out like healed thumbs.
If the verse above is true, and it is then you have nothing to fear in this world. We have overcome the fear that is presented to our five senses. We have overcome the worry and doubts, why? Because we are living, walking and breathing faith instead of fear.
“Therefore [we are] always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: For we walk by faith, not by sight:” 2 Corinthians 5: 6-7
I’m going to tie every blog post in this series together in one summary. But first lets review.
- In the first post we talked about Mastering the Art of Believing God. We talked about how God has no greater joy than to see His children walk in truth. And I’ll quote myself here; “Over this next week I’d like to expound on what people must have in place in their walk with God, before they’ll ever see consistent miracles or even sporadic miracles from God of any kind.”
- In the second post, we talked about the Biology of Belief and how even the unbelievers believe with their human believing and human heart but to tap into the believing of God we must have the spirit of God within us. There are two types of believing. Jesus said if you have faith as small as a mustard seed you could succeed. How did he know this? He spoke of the human faith triggering the manifestation of believing. Wow! I get excited all over again.
- In the third post, we talked about Breaking open the Cage doors of Fear and that fear is the human heart/believing’s only enemy. Fear is a process like anything and grows from the seeds of doubt and worry. Watch out for those two sneaky snares.
- In the fourth post, we talked about how the human faith/believing also grows from seeds in an astounding How to: Have more Faith. I say astounding because I give steps by step processes and exercises that you can practice everyday. Where else have you learned a simple way to actually see immediate results with God? We also learned that the human faith has to be linked, thought by thought, with God’s in order to see miracles and powerful results come to pass. Wow! Human and God working together. This is the masterpiece, this is the partaking of the divine nature that we saw in 1 Peter 1:3-4. This is the very definition of the renewed mind.
- In the fifth post, we talked about the key to all this power that is the renewed mind. God’s Believing or the Faith of God is very powerful, but we have to know that we are walking in the accuracy of God’s word. We learned how to control our mind and make it obey.
- In today’s post we’ve covered the Art of Believing by covering the true power of walking hand in hand with God. Our minds are the location of the battle. But the prize is our hearts. If we allow the junk of the world to invade our minds it will filter down into our hearts where all the issues of life stem.
Here is my summary to keep all this very simple. In order to see consistent miracles, power, and abundance with God we have to make renewing our mind and walking out on that renewal a part of our daily life. It’s a continual journey. Keep learning, keep doing, keep going with and to God because,
YOU’VE GOT THIS!