There is a study I found from 2006 done by CNN.com called, The Truth About happiness that May Surprise You. It argues that people are happier due to conditions such as marital status, political leaning and place, like living in the Sunbelt etc. I want to add that prayer warriors for the One True God are, or at least should be, among the happiest in the world despite those five senses conditions. Why? Because…
Happiness is an inside job and
joy is one of the fruit of the spirit.
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law….If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.” Galatians 5:22-23,25
If we want true happiness where do we look then? We must look no further than the One True God and His Word. Today, I’d like to go over 8 habit patterns of thinking that a happy prayer warrior knows and operates.
A Happy Prayer Warrior…
- Knows that prayer is simply a conversation. We have conversations everyday. The most enjoyable conversations are two-way conversations. I ask, they ask, I speak, they speak and vice versa. Prayer is a dynamic conversation because God knows what you have need of and what you will ask for before you ask.
- Knows that prayer causes daily spirit-led, spirit-filled growth. God is all-knowing and all-powerful. We pray to understand, receive, and operate that knowledge and power in our personal lives. Why? Because God asks us to. 1 Thess. 5:17
- Knows there are two ways to pray. We pray with our understanding and we also pray with our spirit. There are twelve benefits to praying in the spirit recorded in the Word of God. Do you know all those benefits? Do you know how to pray with your spirit or inner man? If not, click on this .pdf for easy step-by-step instructions. Operating our gift of holy spirit reaps spiritual fruit, or results such as peace, joy, patience, love and plain old WOW. Gal.5:22.
- Knows that God wants the best for them. And when they ask, God will give answers that line up with that. Jeremiah 29:11
- Knows that no one can take away the melting moments of God’s simple love and fellowship. The fellowship happens inside the mind and heart of each person. It cannot be mandated, regulated, taxed or propagandized. The richer the fellowship, the happier the prayer warrior.
- Knows that, when we pray for God’s power to move in the world we are doing the good work God designed us for. (Eph. 2:10) There is no greater fulfillment than seeing Him move and His will come to pass.
- Knows to leave the doubts and confusion to the unbelievers. There is no profit in it.
- Knows peace of mind comes from having answers straight from the mouth of God.
Have you prayed for your family, friends, or co-workers today? If not, I challenge you ask God what to pray for and then do because you’re on the road to happiness as well.
God bless you today!