How many of us wake up on the wrong side of the bed? Are you growling before coffee and then find the growl hasn’t left by lunch time? Would you like to see that change? Here are 15 WOWS to makeover your day, even if it’s smack in the middle.
First, remember your mind is like a puppy. You have to tell it to obey and train it to think the right thoughts. Right now it thinks about any old depressing thing it wants to, which in puppy language is like peeing on your sofa or chewing on your favorite 3-inch spike heels. Take control and make sure it tows the line. It’s the most powerful computer on earth and you have a treat for it, but first it has to sit and stay.
Get ready for WOW!
- First, thank God for the basics. Are you clothed? Are you fed? Are you sheltered? Are you born-again of God’s Spirit? If so, you have what it takes to succeed and you’re better off than 100% of the people who aren’t born-again. Thank God! Now, you can celebrate the next tips with me.
- Read Ephesians 1:1-23 and put your name in the personal pronouns. It is addressed to you from God, your Father, the Master of the Universe, the Creator of your body, soul and spirit, and your greatest Advocate. What does He say about you?
- That… He/God blessed or bestowed all spiritual blessings on you in heavenly places. (Eph. 1:3) Does all means all? Yes! Do we know all of them? Probably not, but I can’t help but get excited. (My tail is wagging now.)
- He chose you before the “foundations of the world” verse 4 says, which literally means before the overthrow of the cosmos. When was that? Way back when the Devil got kicked out of Heaven. Wow. That was a really long time ago. God knew you way back then. Do you feel special yet? I do. I’m only on verse 4!
- You are a benefactor of the riches of God’s grace. Grace is unmerited favor. Favor we don’t deserve and didn’t do anything to earn, or couldn’t earn on our own. Grace is like winning the spiritual lottery! And you have it.
- We are sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise–as promised. This promised gift is what generations of believers before Christ prayed to see. “These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off,” Hebrews 11:13a. The promise we take for granted when we wake up and grumble, “Good morning God,” all these men and women died without knowing. The Old Testament believers had to go to a temple priest to talk to God unless they were a prophet like Abraham and then it was a few times in his life.
- We have 24×7 access to God! Wow! “For through him (JC) we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.” Eph. 2:18.
- “…Ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest (only a down payment) of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, (our freedom) unto the praise of his glory.”(vs. 13b-14a) “Earnest” is only a small percentage of a larger amount. Here in MT we can put earnest money of $1,000 dollars down on a house, then when we close we buy the house for 100k. What percentage is that? That same $1,000 could reserve a 300k+ home just as easily. Imagine God’s spiritual blessings mentioned a few verses ago. Is this part of the “all”? YOU BET! Wow! What we have, in the package of the gift of holy spirit, is only a tiny part of what God has waiting when we get home. I can imagine a lot, but I know I can’t imagine how great that will be. And it’s for eternity! WOW!
- What’s next? Let’s go to chapter 2 of Eph. God quickened us together with Christ when we were dead in sins. The Bible often refers to people without Holy Spirit as dead people. Spiritually they are dead. They are without hope and without a chance of survival. But God quickened us, what does that mean? (Eph. 2:5) Sounds like a baking term or something. Quickened is the old English term for, “made alive”. JC was raised from the dead, and when we believe we get the same thing. (Gives a whole new meaning for the Day of the Dead, doesnt’ it.)
- He didn’t just get us up, He took us all the way up. Check out verse 2:6. “And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus:” That’s not where we are now, that’s the place we hold when we get there. It’s like a table setting at the King’s Table. Wow! Cool huh.
- Because of that esteemed placement, God is going to pour on verse 7, “That in the ages to come He might shew the exceeding riches of His grace in [his] kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.” Doesn’t that melt you? Wow. How is your day going now? Do you know how much time and energy God has invested into just being able to love you up? YOU are soo precious. So loved, so blameless and holy before Him. Claim that perfect fellowship with Him. Let Him tenderize your heart and get you feeling better than you’ve ever felt in a day.
- We don’t deserve one sliver of the grace He pours on us, but He does it anyway. God is so good. He is soo good. He put that goodness in you. He injected every cell of your body with life-giving spirit to refresh you. He works within you both to will and to do of that GOOD pleasure! Embrace that. Let it revive your energy and your soul.
- “In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him…That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;” Eph. 3:12,16. This is your gift of holy spirit in action. This is praying in the spirit and strengthening your inner man with that gift. If you don’t feel like a million dollar sports car now, then start praying in the spirit. Get quiet and let it strengthen your inner man. Our outer bodies will die, they’ll fade because they are flesh and bones. Spirit is your ticket out of here and the stronger it is, the better. God made this so that you could be refreshed. Use it until you are. Use it for what it’s made for. Make it a high-performance vehicle that spins on a dime and shoots missiles of God’s love out to those around you.
- Now, what do you learn? What do you understand? “That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what [is] the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.” Eph. 3:17-19. God is going to show you HIM, even bigger. Do you yearn to know HIM?
- Then what? What could possibly get better than knowing God? “Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us.” Eph. 3:20 What! Are you kidding me? God is going to do exceeding, abundantly, above anything I can ask or think! Did your day just turn around? Mine did!
God Bless YOU!!