You never can dream too much, or believe too big.
A big statement…I know. I sit here the day after Christmas with a new respect for those words. Did you know that even in your darkest hour, they are true? Come with me for a minute, throw pessimism to the wind because, when you believe these words, you will see things change before your eyes.
There are two kinds of rich people. The kind who have money, and the kind who have every need met. The second kind is wealthy beyond wealth! Their health, work, finances, relationships, emotional well-being, spiritual (inner) man is radiant with health and prosperity. This is the ideal when Jesus said the words, “I am come that they might have life, and that they might have [it] more abundantly.” John 10:10b.
Those words “more abundantly” are one Greek adjective, perissos.
It means; exceeding some number or measure or rank or need. Over and above, more than is necessary, superadded. Exceeding abundantly, supremely. Something further, more, much more than all, more plainly. Superior, extraordinary, surpassing, uncommon. Pre-eminence, superiority, advantage, more eminent, more remarkable, more excellent.
Isn’t that extraordinary?
Yeah, but how can we actually have that second kind of wealth? Well, many authors, psychologists, and teachers have the answer for you, and for 7 payments of $199.95, you too can hear it from them. I’ll spare you the payment plan today and simply take you to the Word of God. Here in all it’s simple glory is the first step.
1. “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” Romans 12:2
Why should we let the world define our success and conform us? What do they know anyway? They are led by the guy who couldn’t even make it in the same house with THE most loving God. What a jerk! But we don’t have to live that way. We don’t have to allow our agendas to be defined like theirs. We are God’s kids, working on the abundant life. We are busy watching the transformation happen. If we aren’t there yet, what do we do? Keep renewing our minds. It’s a continuous everyday event that blesses us. This isn’t just a once a year, at Christmas type of thing. Christmas is one day. It’s over for the year. So what’s next? Here are 9 more amazing steps. If we did this one section of verses for the rest of our lives, we’d be wealthy and live a much greater life with God.
2. “And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
3. Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
4. Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
5. Neither give place to the devil.
6. Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with [his] hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
7. Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
8. And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
9. Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
10. And be ye kind one to another, tender-hearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.” Ephesians 4:23-32
God gave us His spirit because He could give us no greater thing. You are His child. You can dream as big as you want because God anointed you for the best life can offer.
God Bless You today.