Do you know someone who got married or hung out with a certain friend because they thought they could redeem them? They stuck with them so long and over time found they were trapped together. They found themselves trapped by submarine people.
Submarine people add the dead weight of disbelief to all your discussions. They have logical reasons why they are failing too; such as, it’s God’s will that we are tested, tried or tormented. They don’t mean to bring others down, but they do. With words filled with hurtful fiery darts, that they have believed, they batter those who would move on towards success. I used to be one of these people until I realized the five tips below.
1) “Some people realize that before they can do more, they must become more.” We have to do our part. Success never falls into our lap. Success must be lassoed as it streaks by and held onto with every bit of strength you can muster. We must be ready for it. We must condition ourselves and not be distracted or lazy. If I’m a couch potato and think that the success of winning a 5k is in my future, I must get off the couch first. “That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;” Ephesians 3:16. In this spiritual race, strengthen your inner man first by using God’s gift of holy spirit.
2) “Some people know they have been blessed. Others fear the blessings from God.” Accept the blessing. Embrace it! So many times we believe the lie that God is testing us with illness, poverty or failure so we’ll gain character. Wait a minute what about this verse? “Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:” James 1:13 That word tempted is the Greek, peirazō, which means; to try, make trial of, test: for the purpose of ascertaining his quality, or what he thinks, or how he will behave himself. God never does this. Ever. When people believe they are being tested by God they begin denigrating themselves hoping to make God look good. This is the very definition of false humility and false humility has the oily aftertaste of pride. Be blessed, stay thankful and keep moving forward.
3) “Some people think they can tread water. Others know they can only stay afloat if they keep moving forward. Writers must write. Runners must run. Painters must paint. Believers must believe. These are all verbs and action words. Survival is not progress. We must move everyday towards our goals or we start treading water. This is what Paul told Timothy. “2) Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine…7) I have fought a good fight, I have finished [my] course, I have kept the faith:” 2 Timothy 4: 2&7.
4) “Some people realize that staying on top is the work of a team not a solo endeavor.” We need believing running buddies. I’d rather run with one than drag twenty any day of the week. Surround yourself with people who will naturally encourage you, lift you, and truly believe in your success. All others are submarine people and on their own journey.
5) “When riding the crest, be vigilant about the enemy’s attack.” This advice is silly to me but I’ll write it anyway. It’s silly because, whether you’re treading water or on the crest you’re still a buffet option for the enemy. He doesn’t like you because you’re God’s kid. It’s that simple. The difference is, he really doesn’t want you speaking in the name of Jesus Christ because then you’re gaining ground in his kingdom. This is the most important reason why, in our tool chest of manifestations included with our gift of Holy Spirit, God gave us discerning of spirits, word of wisdom, word of knowledge, faith, miracles and healing. We were not left without protection or guidance. If you feel you’re getting attacked all the time, with illness, procrastination, fear etc, then it’s time to learn about these tools. They benefit our abundant life. You have power here on this Earth. Just get in there and ask God what to pray for. Then kick the devil’s behind! Don’t put up with the attacks and garbage coming at you. The devil doesn’t get that right unless you give it to him. Take back your authority. Be strong in the Lord. Learn how to use the tools in your tool chest.
I hope this inspired you as much as it did me.
God Bless You Today!