Authorities are on a dangerous international man-hunt trying to keep one man, Snowden, from spreading any more of the nations secrets and the truth behind our national security.
One side of the story is trying to down-play and spin their way out of the revelation and the other side is trying to promote and get the man to reveal more of these secrets and truth. The truth for that man…came with a price.
I have a secret for you too, and this sweet, pure and divine truth also came with a price.
Thankfully the man, Jesus Christ, who paid for it with his life, is not dead. God raised him from the dead. But there is still a price to you. You must decide what side to believe. One side is trying to down-play the truth Jesus Christ and the apostles revealed. The other side is trying to say they know more than he revealed and you must come to them to get it. There is only one way to find out the real story. We have to look at it for ourselves. Thankfully, in the case of our eternal future, we have a book that tells us all we need to know.
I’d like to go back to the second verse I studied with you yesterday in our Philippians study. I’ll show you how to unlock the secret to your walk with God. This truth and secret is sown into the very fabric of every verse and every chapter of the book. It tags along with yesterday’s topic of mastery because in this verse we become God’s masterpieces.
“For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.” Philippians 2:13
For those of you who’ve studied with me for awhile, tell me, what is the secret? God also refers to it as a “mystery.”
“[Even] the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:” Colossians 1:26
Do you know yet?
Yes! It’s the very next verse in Colossians! Ha!
“To whom God would make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:” vs. 27
Now anyone, Jew or Gentile (unbeliever) have direct access to God 24×7. Talk about surveillance! God can let you know when the devil is hurting you or a loved one. He can show you via your mind how to defend yourself with prayer. You now have spiritual surveillance of your property, your children, yourself, your endeavors and your walk with Him. All you have to do is tap into it. Wow!
Now watch this unfold by looking at our verse.
- “For it is God” Who? God! God Himself. God is Holy and God is Spirit. What did He give us? The gift of Holy Spirit. He put a measure of Himself into us. This is the riches of the mystery that was hid from generations. The mystery itself is that Gentiles could also become the children of God. God didn’t want the devil to know that He would pour out this wonderful package to all mankind after He raised Jesus Christ from the dead. Inside that one gift is nine manifestations.
- “which worketh” This is the Greek word energeō it means to energize. God energizes in us when we operate His gift. When you speak in tongues, or speak in tongues and interpret or prophecy, God inspires in you what to say. You open your mouth and utter words by God’s divine inspiration. They are not pre-planned or pre-meditated. They are inspired and therefore called the utterance, speaking or worship manifestations because that is these characteristics they have.
- “in you” Yes YOU! God is big enough to let you know first. God is going to work in you. That’s the crux of this whole plan. God wanted to talk to YOU. He wants to tell you how much He loves you and wants the best for you.He wants to teach you all about HIM. He does that through this access to those who want to stop and ask. He was tired of having everyone talk for Him to His own kids. He threw all that out and now is available 24×7. Wow! Isn’t that amazing!
- “both to will” What does this mean? God’s will is God’s delight. When we do His will we delight Him. Why? Because He knows what is best for us in every situation, so when we do His will, we also do what’s best for us. See how beautiful that fits together. How do we know God’s will? We ask Him. How? The next three are called, “revelation, information, instructional, knowing manifestations”. They are Word of Wisdom, Word of knowledge, and Discerning of Spirits. This is how God imparts His will to us in everyday situations. We can use them whenever and where ever they are needed to learn more from God about the situation. Cool huh?
- “and to do” Doing is where God’s power meets us at ground level. And guess what Greek word it is! Energeō again! This is where the last three manifestations come in. These are the Action, Power, and Impartation Manifestations. They are Faith (believing), Gifts of Healings, and Working of Miracles. Do you see how they are the action and doing of God’s power.
- “But all these worketh (energeo or energize) that one and the selfsame Spirit (pneuma, spirit), dividing to every man severally as he (the man or woman) will.” 1 Corinthians 12:11.
- “of His good pleasure.” Why would God get pleasure from see us operate all nine of the manifestations that He put into this one gift of Holy Spirit? Because God wanted to protect and bless us. Why would this give God good pleasure? He loves us! He’s our Father and He doesn’t want us hurt any more.
What is the secret to your walk with God? Our verse today in Philippians 2:13 covers every manifestation of the nine that God gave us. The secret is, we have power, inspiration, and knowledge beyond what we could ever have had before. When you learn to proficiently operate all nine of these manifestations all the time, you become a master and the devil has no defence against your prayers.
God bless you today!