“What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.”
What is a God connection? This is when God brings people into your life. The reasons for Him connecting you are His. Sometimes you know them right away, sometimes it takes years to understand. What are they for and how do we know if they are a God connection and not something else?
First, here are some of the reasons and benefits of a God Connection.
- Prayer: for them or them for you. Prayer is a powerful benefit. If someone offers to pray for me, I never turn them down.
- Learning: for them or for you. We can only go as far as we are led.
- Demonstration of God’s Spirit & Power: from them or from you to them. “And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:” 1 Corinthians 2:4
- Demonstration of Power & Spirit Builds Believing: Our faith or believing is like a muscle. We have to build it up. God knows this. He provides opportunities to believe Him bigger.
- Friends: like-minded friends are rare and priceless.
- Business Connection: from them or for you. “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” Phil. 4:13
- Help: for you or for them or for other God connections of theirs or yours. You may be the middle man in a line of blessings. God does not have hands He needs ours.
- Generational Change. God knows the generations of children coming after us. He could bring someone in our life that will teach us and change the course of habit patterns of thinking for us. This then leads to a different approach to raising our children. (i.e. They change our perspective about our alcohol addiction, condemnation, gossip or some other harmful thought process.)
There is one key to recognizing these amazing benefits of God Connections.
God’s Love or Agape
God is the first connection, then the other person. If I ask, God, if you were me how would you reach out and tenderly bless ________? I am walking in agape towards them. Agape is a spiritual love. It is not based in human emotions but God’s thoughts and will for our life. But walking in love takes an act of our freewill to operate. We have to go to God and get the understanding and we allow Him to work within the situation. God connections are awesome! They can last for a ten minute conversation, or for the rest of your life on earth.
God may need us to orchestrate His Connections.
For example, an old high school buddy pops into my mind. This is an opportunity for a God Connection. So I ask God, is there anything I can do to bless them today? If God says call them, I need to make a freewill decision to call them. (Agape) He also knows what to say, when to call and what things not to say. Practice, practice, practice. After a while you start hearing this common assumption.
“Wow it’s such a coincidence that I ran into you, I was just thinking about you.” Or, “What a coincidence, I just heard your name in conversation and it had me wondering how you’ve been.” Or the really amazing one is, “Thank you, you just saved my life by calling today.”
Let’s look at a God Connection in the Matthew.
“And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers. And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.” Matthew 4:18-19
We know that Jesus Christ always did the Will of the Father. Did that connection cause some changes for generations to come?
Here’s another one.
“And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert. And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship, Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet. Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot. And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?” Acts 8:26-30
Philip had to run, obey, ask and listen by an act of his own freewill. He walked in love towards that eunuch.
This takes me to another point, God Connections are mutually beneficial in the purest sense of that word. They benefit each person involved. If you’re not sure how a connection benefits you, just ask Him. He might say, it built your believing or helped you grow. This is also a great test of a false connection or a Devilish Connection. The devil will often times brings in someone who is a plant. Or a wolf in sheep’s clothing. They look like a God Connection, but in the end they have fangs and are out to destroy your walk with God. The only person who knows every man’s heart is God. You can also use the sword of the spirit which is the Word of God. It dispels darkness and can help you distinguish between a good connection and a bad connection.
“For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” Hebrews 4:12
If it’s a true God Connection you can speak the Word to them without flare ups.
If you loved this post, share it with your friends. How many people can we bless just with this connection today? Thank you and…
God bless you today!