Today is the first day of the rest of eternity, yes.
BUT there is another buzz I’m on. I’m so excited for the Supporting Godly Women meeting tonight! If you attended when we had it last time, a few years back, then you’ll notice some of the format has changed. It’s longer for one. We have incorporated a virtual element. And yes, guys are invited to join us. For the first time Hubby’s, boyfriends, and gentlemen interested in growing with God are invited to attend via the internet. They will be present virtually for the first hour and a half during the teaching portion of the meeting. However, they will be asked to leave to a separate group during the last half hour of “Girl/Guy Talk”. If you are a guy and you’d like to join our meeting virtually, then welcome, but you will be then asked to contact my husband who is also attending and will be available during the last half hour. He will be available on Skype and will also have a list of attendees.
This is not a time where we will be bashing guys or vice versa. This is a time when guys can get mentoring, support or just camaraderie with another believing guy. Supporting Godly Women has expanded to Supporting Godly People, purely by accident. I want to celebrate that and give everyone a chance to explore what they learn through this exciting meeting.
Now for the meeting instructions.
- TIME: 6-8 PM MST
- Place: Our physical location is 71 25th Street West, Billings, MT. Business name is EXIT Realty Yellowstone.
- To log on virtually, I will call you via Skype. Skype is a free, online meeting place with no time limit or limit on people joining. If I’m going to call you I’ll need your Skype User Name or Phone Number. Once I have it I can call and add you to the meeting. Be available 10 to 15 minutes prior to the call just in case we have technical difficulties. You can send me an email with your Skype info at terri@ terri porta .com (take out the spaces in that email address) or you can private message me on Facebook.
- If we, for some reason, have problems with the virtual side, I will need your email address as well so I can let you know what happened and what our next step is. This is my first attempt at running a meeting on Skype, so please be patient. Below is a link to the Skype website where you can register or log in.
- SKYPE WEBSITE
- As for misconduct during the meeting virtually or in person. If I see someone attending who is only roving for a date or for trouble, I will disconnect them no questions asked. This meeting is a safe place and one that God has appointed. I’m not saying single people can’t “meet” here, but the meeting time itself is for Biblical teaching and training.
- Keep in mind that there will be people at all levels of their spiritual growth. The way I see it is, no one knows the whole Word of God, and God always has something more to teach us. Including me. I love questions because then God has a chance to teach us something new, but please save them for the discussion portion of the meeting.
- The tentative meeting agenda for this first time:
- Prayer & Introduction
- Meet and Greet.
- 6:30-7:30 Teaching
- 7:30-8 Discussion/Guy and Girl Talk.
I can’t wait to see everyone!
“Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savor of his knowledge by us in every place. For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, In them that are saved and in them that perish.” 2 Corinthians 2:14-15
God Bless You!