Yesterday, I was hit. It’s been a long time since that has happened but, I was mopey, dopey and just didn’t want to leave my couch. Have you ever felt that way? By dinner time last night I was so down that every time Bill asked me a question “No” was my answer. He could have asked if I wanted a million dollars, and I would have said no thanks. Yep, I was hit and down. I know why too.
It was a toxic combination of over-sensitivity, hormones and exhaustion. Once the hormones were introduced, yikes, things imploded like a star going nova. IF you are feeling this way now, I totally understand and want to encourage you…this too shall pass.
Here’s some helpful hints for this part of the journey.
- Accept it. Accept that you’re not physically and or mentally feeling 100%. By the end of yesterday, I realized I was at about 42% which is pretty low for me. I had to just say, okay, I am not my best today and accept it. There isn’t a law against that. Just take a day or the minute or an hour and then move on.
- Hang on to your tongue… like it’s going to fall off. What I mean is, don’t speak (unless you can be edifying. HA!). In my case, I would probably say something hurtful, useless and something I’d regret.
- Don’t make big life decisions on these days. Ugh…you’ll want to push rewind if you do.
- Pack it in. Sometimes days like this means you go into Covert Op mode. The devil would love for you to take that tongue out into public and cause some real damage. Go stealth with God. It’s okay, He’s a big boy and often times can put you back together with just a whisper of “I sure love you honey.”
- Clobber it back. “For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh, For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds.)” 2 Corinthians 10:3-4. Our inner man/woman is NOT having a bad day, it NEVER has a bad day. It is always MORE powerful and has more authority than the devil. So if you think you might be under spiritual attack, speak in tongues, get quiet and ask God what to do about it. There’s no profit in you being clobbered spiritually just because your physical/mental body is running on low. Fight it off with a flick of your gift of holy spirit. “Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world.” Show those spirits who is the boss of your life.
- Forgive yourself! Don’t beat yourself up. These days happen! They happened for all the old prophets, for Jesus Christ, and for Paul. You’re in good company.
- Close the Door Behind You. When you go to bed, close the door on the day and the attitude. Tell yourself as you fall asleep, “Tomorrow, I’m going to shine.” Then when you wake up, do what you need to do to shine. Get into the Word, pray in the spirit, eat well, and exercise. Take matters into your own hands. Never allow the day to master you, you must be the master of the day and of your life.
- Speak the Word. Speaking the Word is the most incredible antidote for the schlumps. It forces you out of Meesville.
- Give. Giving is also an antidote. Speaking the word is giving so doing that can work for both. Giving isn’t always speaking the word though so when the pressure is on, give.
- Realize the truth. Realize that you are still God’s masterpiece even on your bad days. You are still so amazing, such a beautiful creation and so incredible that God felt you worth the price of His only begotten Son. That’s the truth and aren’t we supposed to think on these things? Phil. 4:8?
I hope this helps you because it sure does me.
God bless you today!