…Who want it that way.
Below are 5 steps to a simpler life. A life that lifts us high above and on to a new perspective and way of thinking.
“Wait a minute there, Miss Positive. How can you say I’M the one complicating my life! Don’t you know what kind of cards life has dealt out to me?”
“Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?” Romans 9:20
Yes, I’m sorry to say, yes. We complicate our own lives, but that’s because we don’t understand how to unwind all the knots and twisted motives of our enemy. Before we can begin doing that, work on our own perspective of God.
- The first step to living simply, is accepting, embracing and submitting to God through His son Jesus Christ. Romans 10:9-10 “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved..”
- The second step is easier than that. Phillipians 4: 4 says, “Rejoice in the Lord alway: [and] again I say, Rejoice.” This shouldn’t be two hard, right? You may say well I don’t always have something to rejoice about. Really? Did you wake up and fog a mirror today? Rejoice doesn’t mean you have to break out into a musical every morning it simply means, find the positive truths in your life. Reach for them, point them out and receive them into your life. One great one is Jesus Christ could come back today. That is something extremely positive.
- The third step is just continued in the verse. “Let your moderation (gentle patience) be known unto all men. The Lord [is] at hand.” (Verse 5) The Lord the God of all the universe is “at hand”. That’s an old English saying that means, He doesn’t take off for a lunch-break right when you need Him, He is present, involved and concerned for you. But He’s not ever going to make you love Him, or “make” you ask for Him. He’ll just make life a lot simpler when you do. I’m just going to follow the verses here.
- “Be careful (anxious) for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” (Verses 6-7) See how simple it is?
- “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.” (vs. 8) Here’s the catch, I told you life could be simple, but I didn’t say easy. We have to train ourselves to think positive and not think negatives. That in itself can be a very big job.
How simple do you want life to be?
“(27) But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 1 Corinthians 1:27 KJV
Simplicity comes when we submit to the wisdom of God, not our own wisdom.
“(3) For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous (hard to do.)” 1 John 4:3
Simplicity happens when we do what He asks us to do.
God bless you today!