Those are the words on a journal I have. “Be the change” is such a small phrase but it can have the power to positively change our lives for the better as well. As it turns out, there’s an art and science to getting things right the first time. Here are five suggestions, I was taught, that help make “change” a little easier.
- Know your rights. This world is run by the devil. He is in power, and he has had plenty of time to perfect his rules and agenda. Know what you can do as a believer when things come up. A lot of Christians believe we’re at war with him. We’re not. We’re in a spiritual contest, a competition. Jesus Christ and God fought the war and defeated the devil, now we have to win our own personal competition. We have to know what tools they won for us and how to use them. There’s no spiritual conspiracy theory here, just a simple understanding of how things work and what you, as God’s kid, are entitled to, authority wise. As the birth-child of the King you have every right to tell the devil to take a flyin’ leap. “Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Ephesians 6:10-11
- Be Prepared. In boy-scouts, they are taught to be prepared. That’s great advice. One way to do that with God is to make your morning routine a priority. If you have a morning routine, you get your head and heart in the day before your day takes charge. Here’s a verse in Ephesians in the context of being prepared.“Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;” Ephesians 6:14-15. Have your “go time” equipment prepared with the gospel of peace. Wow, I couldn’t have said any better.
- Shields Up! Your shield of faith/believing is a daily walk in the fellowship and light of God’s power, rightly divided Word, and Love. You have to build that shield so strong and big that no darts of unbelief, fear, doubt and worry get through. ” Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.” vs. 16. When you walk you put one foot in front of the other, in guidance and belief that you are going the right direction.
- Tap into the Power of Addiction and Habits. So many people think that addiction is bad, and habits are bad. But they just get a bad rap because of all the devilish things people have used them for. Habits and addiction is a “behavior” that can be modified and they were created in us by God. We can use them to forward our progress towards change for ourselves. It only takes 21 days to form a new habit. How about using our God-given programming to jam the Devil’s control board? Change doesn’t have to be hard especially knowing about these.
- Redeem the Time. Time is like a refilling bank account. Everyday you get 24-hours put back in and you can only spend one minute at a time. How have you made the most of your millions? Redeeming them means you get more time for the money. More bang for your buck. God knows just where, when, how, who and what to do every minute of every day to lovingly help you get the most and highest use. Why not tap into that for one whole day? I guarantee if you do, the Devil won’t be able to keep up with you.
We’re on a fast track towards that abundant life now. I hope you include a little fun along the way.
By the way, Wednesday nights at 6 PM MST we hold our live Supporting Godly Women meetings. We have in-person attendees, but we also broadcast them through virtual meetings. IF you’d like to attend please contact me asap. I’ll get you a link. I also have many teachings available on CD as well.
God bless you today!