We all know that it takes twenty-one days to form a habit. But how many of us have the perspective that today is a brand new day? I want to share twenty tips about forming good, healthy habits.
“For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.” 2 Corinthians 4:16
There are five areas of life so I’d like to break these tips down per area.
To ignore healthy habits here would defeat the purpose of good health! Spirit or the Kingdom of God is over everything in the senses world and when we have our vertical alignment strong and renewed, everything horizontally becomes easier.
- Develop a daily prayer and study time. Get with your heavenly Daddy every day.
- Fellowship with like-minded believers every day. So many people leave this out, but fellowship means sharing your heart with others who will believe with you and cheer you on when it comes to God.
- Give. Giving is a huge principle of God’s that open’s wide the flood gates of blessing. Form the habit of asking God, who, where, when and how to give to other people.
- “Share” the care. There are so many ways to tell other people how you’ve been blessed by God. This will lead to opportunities, blessing and just some good ol’ fashioned miracles. All we need to do is share what we have seen and heard.
God always seems to work on these two first steps first as a babe. Then, as you grow in Christ or just in maturity, you revisit them over and over. We are never truly done growing.
- The renewed mind is a mind clear and free of all the sand in the engine of life. This mind is like the bulging and strong muscle ready when needed. Like an Olympic athlete crouched in ready position just before the gun goes off this mind races with precision and preparation towards a healthy conclusion. Learn how to renew your mind, there are so many tapes and instructors including many articles here on this site to help you train that brain.
- The stayed mind is the biggest prize. When you ask God how to think about a person, you learn the right way to “think”. Then the real power comes in your ability to hold that thought in your mind even when circumstances tell you different.
- Affirmations are mental vitamins. We should all have our daily dose of right thinking about ourselves and our lives.
- Remember to ask, “What’s the Profit?” When people throw negative into your mind you have a choice to accept those words, once accepted, your mind and body will believe them as truth, once truth settles it forms our inner reality. The oneness is on us! We must decide, every minute, what becomes our reality and/or what the profit is of having a reality like that. Oh! that we understood the true power of our believing words!
At some point you can exhaust this category. Yes, we can get to the peak of personal physical health. If you, like me, are not there yet, here are some pointers.
- Brush your teeth two-three times a day. Floss once a day. Now that’s not so hard. Ha!
- Work out to the point of sweating and then go at least eight minutes past it everyday. They say a normal healthy body will sweat in twelve minutes of consistent movement. Once you’re there, go a little further. You can do more than this of course, but never do less.
- Eat to your health. You know how they say, “drink to your health” when doing a toast? Instead, lift your veggies and eat to your health! Stay off of fried, high fat food entirely and try to eat less carbohydrates and fat. By doing this you’ll start eating more natural healthy foods.
- Drink eighty ounces of water a day. That is four twenty-ounce bottles of water.
- Tithe. Ten percent of your gross income is a great starting point.
- Get out of debt. Step two: stay out.
- Save for emergencies; then don’t use the money for anything else. Three to six months of expenses.
- Live within your means. A budget will help with that.
Relationships add the joy and spice to life. They can also add the toxins. Know which is which with these healthy relationship tips.
- Be a fruit inspector. People are where they are in life because of choices they made. If you want to change your life for the better, but have someone close to you criticizing you and condemning you, it might be time to change out that relationship. On the other hand, they may not realize what they are doing, so first tell them they are sabotaging your efforts and that you really need their support instead. The wake up call might help them change their life too.
- Catch people doing something good. When people in your life make changes for the better or do something positive, reward it with compliments and well– chocolate works for me. Lol… But seriously, let them know how much they blessed you. It will edify them and encourage more good behavior, not to mention, inspire you as well. No body ever gets too much love, but they get too much criticism real quick.
- Work on relationships. Someone once told me that relationships are time spent together. Someone else, very wise said, distance doesn’t make the heart fonder, it makes it wander. Work on the good relationships and they will get better. One great question to ask them is, “Is there anything that I can do to improve our relationship?”
- Remember, your heavenly Father moved heaven and earth to have a relationship with you. He gave His only begotten son just so He could communicate with you and vice versa. Sit with Him, listen close and don’t rush Him. He’s worth every second you spend and every ounce of effort you have.
God bless you today!