Every game of chess needs its pawns. Last night, I realized we are either pawns, or players in our own chess games of life. We can either be led around by our emotional weaknesses and five senses insights, or, we can tap into a larger wisdom and step off the board, become a player. In order to win, we must know our adversary’s strategy and agenda. So how do we get out of being played?
First, we must understand the rules of the game.
- Jesus Christ had great power here on earth, and legal rights given to him by God.
- “Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” Philippians 4:9-11
- Jesus Christ acquired this name because of his conquest of sin, hell, sickness, and disease. He acquired this name because of his achievements.
- Jesus Christ was given great power and legal rights.
- We have great power through the name of Jesus Christ because he is our power of attorney here on earth and in this game.
- The same power Jesus had, he passed on to every born-again believer.
- “And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.” John 14;13,14
- “The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,” Ephesians 1:18
- For the believer to manifest the power of Christ in him/her, they must renew their mind according to the Word of God.
- “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” Romans 12:2
- We must make our minds think as the Word of God dictates. God dictates that we use the power we received, just like Peter did in this record.
- “Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk. And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.” Acts 3:6,7
- “And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.” Acts 3:16
- Paul used the name of Jesus Christ to save and enslaved girl.
- “And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying: The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation, And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.” Acts 16:16-18
You see because we were given great power and legal, sonship rights we can change our position here in this world. We become active participants in the game. And it is just a game. Many Christians think this a war. It’s not, because Jesus Christ already fought and won the war. He got us this power. Now, all we have to do is use it in this spiritual competition. The sharper, more trained and more in shape you are to handle the game, the better equipped you are to have an awesome life.
There is one more thing.
We not only need to know our own power and abilities, we also need to know our adversary’s playbook.
Later today, I will post Part 2 of this post. There we will discuss what the devil does to throw you off your game and how you can stay strong so you never let go of God again.
God bless you today!