Here are 8 perspectives to help you make today a good day.
1. Look at the sun coming up… the warmth and life it gives to everything it touches. It brightens it pierces the shadows it gives way to nothing! Be somebody’s sunshine today.
“Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it.” Proverbs 3:27
“For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly” Psalms 84:11
2. All around you people are going through hardships. They long for a friend who will be there for them and remind them that God is Good always. Be someone’s reminder.
“And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.” Luke 18:19
3. You were chosen before the overthrown of the cosmos to be God’s child and to do good works. That’s a lot of planning and that’s a lot more love for you. Embrace that. You can’t deny it, you can’t change it, so just embrace it. God loves you more than you’ll ever know.
“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestined us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,” Ephesians 1:3-5
4. Our works and our service don’t get us anywhere with God. He gave salvation to us by grace. That made us holy and blameless before Him in love. We didn’t earn it. We can’t undo it. We just received it as soon as we believed Romans 10:9-10. Do you know what that means? You could never fall so low that God couldn’t lift you back up.
“Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,” 2 Timothy 1:9
5. Our works don’t get us salvation, but they do get us rewards during our eternal life. I don’t think that means some of us will have indoor plumbing in Heaven, I think it’s bigger than that. I think it has to do with authority and honor. What is a crown for after all?
“Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.” James 1;12
6. Have you ever kept a bless journal? This is a record of all the known blessings in your life. Start one today, but keep in mind that there are so many that God has not made known to you. Like the time He had angels protect you from a car wreck, or from a different catastrophe. Or the blessings He put in motion years ago and because you stay faithful you will receive them in the coming days. Your life is a giant kaleidoscope of His blessings if you know where to look. Now, just be thankful.
“In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.” 1 Thessalonians 5:18
7. The fruit of the spirit is blessings that come in waves. It happens every time you operate your gift of holy spirit. If I were you, and I’m me so I’ll get right on this, I’d do it all the time. Now there’s the makings for a really great day.
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.” Galatians 5: 23-24
8. And finally, imagine your dearest and nearest friend telling you something edifying and special about yourself. Something only they could know and something so perfectly timed that it brings you to a new place of understanding about your life and who you are. That is what talking to God and fellow-shipping with Him is like. It’s sweet. So sweet and precious that your most inner dreams of the heart is nourished and strengthened. He never plays games. He is all-loving. He is your Father. He only wants the very best for you. He also is all-knowing and all-powerful so He uses that power and knowledge to help us and to add wonder and goodness to our lives and to our days. Imagine how a day could be so much better after spending an hour every morning with Him?
Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday. Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.” Psalms 37:3-7
God Bless You Today!