Supporting Godly Women
This is an introduction to our weekly support group meetings, it’s mission and goals. It’s name is “Supporting Godly Women”. Some of you might wonder why two seemingly contradictory terms, meet together to create one harmonious name.
Why if you’re “Godly” do you need “Support?”
And why would we expect a women’s group to have a solid leadership training aspect in it? I’m so glad you asked.
Women, like men, have a huge responsibility. None of us women would deny, that our leadership skills are required everyday in the home and with our children. Not to mention in the workplace if you are a working mom. But I have to challenge you, as ever I am able to do. Don’t you need to be a leader in your own mind and heart first?
Who’s the leader?
You are the leader! This support group is about; II Corinthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. This group is about being a leader in your own self first, and bringing every thought into obedience. If the Word says its available then ladies, it has to be available. I understand that everyone is at different levels of this goal, beginner to advanced. What is available if I do this? Isaiah 26:3a Thou will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee. That sounds like a perk, a bennie, a blessing, and a promise! I love the sound of perfect peace!
Okay… so, once I’ve taken control of my thoughts and mind, now what? Where is leadership involved? It’s you, my dear! Leadership is like a boiling pot of water. You get it to the right temperature and it will boil right out of the pot. Then God just keeps filling you back up again.
II Corinthians 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation. –Verse 20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.
God gave us all, women too, the ministry of reconciliation. We bring people to God. We introduce them and then teach them, as much as we know about him. That takes personal leadership.
Godly is an amazing word especially in the Greek language. To the “world” it may imply someone who is religious and pious. Maybe it means someone who wears a really tall hat and a robe. But I’d like you to journey with me to the Word of God. Let’s allow God to define his own terms.
I Timothy 4:8b But godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.
This next section of verses is a great example of how important godliness is and how it builds to much more down the road. In this section the more you read, the more you fall in love with God and his word. There are also some vital training points so please read slow, and enjoy them with me.
- II Peter 1:3-13 (KJV)
- 3. According as his(God’s) divine power hath given unto us all things that which pertains unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue;
- 4. Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature,(Christ in you, Holy Spirit) having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
- 5. And beside this giving all diligence, adds to your faith, virtue(power); and to virtue knowledge:
- 6. And to knowledge temperance(self-control); and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness:
- 7. And to godliness, brotherly kindness, charity(love).
- 8. For if these things be in you and abound, they make you neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- 9. But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. (this is blinded believers here, Christians getting tripped up by the world and adversary)
- 10. Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall.(What a tremendous promise!)
- 11. For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
- 12. Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth. (Leaders remind people all the time of the truth, they keep it in front of them so they can keep running and stay strong.)
- 13. Yea, I think it meet(good), as long as I am in this tabernacle (body), to stir you up(motivate you) by putting you in remembrance.
Godliness is the true, vital, spiritual relationship with God. It is God working within your heart to bring about change. This section of scripture is loaded with yummy promises and direction. This sums it up. Godliness is a hunger to do things God’s way!
Teaching vs. Training
Someone who “teaches” you how to cook, will hand you a recipe and tell you how it’s done. Someone who “trains” you, will guide you throughout the process and correct where there is error. Most importantly training takes time, effort, and love. In the scriptures above you can see the love and training given to God’s kids. DO this, don’t do this. Keep on track here, get off track over here and you’ll see this happen. This Support Group is bigger than just getting together over coffee and talking about our day. Ladies, this is a training camp, a boot camp for those who hunger and thirst after righteousness. It trains women who want to have peace, joy, love, prosperity and reap the many benefits of walking in the abundant life. It covers every one of the 5 areas of life.
And the goal is to make it simple and easy to do, just as God’s word promises. We are supporting the women willing to go for this goal.
There is something for everyone!
Why just women, why not men too, Terri? Because my husband has a fellowship for the men to attend. Bill Porta has been training men and women for 27 years. By working the Word and practicing its principles he has helped people to live happier lives. He is willing, able and motivated to show anyone who wants to learn the principles I’ve written about and taught. If you are a gentlemen keeping up on this site, I commend you! I’ve tried not to be too uni-gender specific in my posts– though I can only tell about what I’ve experienced.
Goal 1: Present every believer mature in Christ. Colossians 1:28 Whom we preach warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect(mature) in Christ Jesus. Goal 2: Support through encouragement and instruction, women in the journey of their lives.
I realize this page is long and loaded with scriptures. If you have read all the way to the end, I compliment you. My goal for this page is to share my heart and my passion. Thank you, God bless you and I look forward to seeing you at our next meeting!